Welcome to Tahunanui Medical Centre
The staff at Tahunanui Medical Centre aim to provide the families and community of Tahunanui with a friendly, comprehensive, healthcare service.
To ensure that our families receive consistent care, we promise to fit in any of our enrolled children (under 13 yrs) with a doctor, no matter how busy we are.
We are currently enrolling new patients and invite new and exisiting residents of Tahunanui to enrol with us.
Tahunanui Medical Centre is a progressive and committed team of health professionals who strive to give the best, research based, care possible, we believe in building healthy long-lasting relationships. We are a teaching practice who is Cornerstone Accredited. Cornerstone is an accreditation programme specifically designed by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners for general practices in New Zealand read more about Cornerstone
We wish you to feel relaxed while you are with us and you are welcome to talk to our doctors or nurses about any concern you may have. You are also able to bring family or whanau to support you when you receive any of our services; we welcome feedback to assist us improve our service.
Winter is the time of the year that we tend to pick up many minor illnesses. The best way to stop the spread of gems is to:
- Regularly wash and dry our hands, wash with soap for at least 30 seconds and dry thoroughly.
- Always cover our mouths and noses when we cough or sneeze.
- Protect ourselves by getting immunised.
Did you know we have a spirometer which enables us to assess a person’s lung function?
- Sue, one of our nurses has completed a training course in Auckland, and is one of a small number of nurses in Nelson who is trained to perform and interpret spirometry.
- Spirometry is a useful test for people who have long term respiratory conditions such as asthma. It can also be useful to assess the impact that smoking has had on your lungs. If you are interested to find out how well your lungs are working, speak to one of our team to see if it would be useful for you.
- There is a cost for spirometry but in some cases this is covered partially or completely by Care Plus.
- We will be contacting our patients who are known to have COPD to ensure they have an up-to-date plan for their care.