Repeat prescriptions are available at your doctor’s discretion
- Repeat prescriptions are only available for people with stable medical conditions, who have had the medication previously prescribed by one of our doctors.
- Often, it is the receptionist or nurse who has to inform a person that they need to see the doctor instead of being issued a repeat prescription but staff only act on the doctors’ instruction.
- The doctor is responsible for checking that the medication they prescribe is still appropriate for you.
- Most often doctors like to check people every 3 or 6 months.
You can request a repeat prescription in between your doctor’s visits over the phone, online through ConnectMed, or by using the form below:
- Prescriptions will usually be available for collection from the practice the following working day after 2pm and cost $13. If you require the prescription to be faxed to a pharmacy the cost is $23 (the higher cost for faxing has been put in place to encourage people to come in a pay for their prescription when they collect it, we have found that the most common outstanding accounts relate to faxed prescriptions and these take alot of time to chase and recover).
- Prescriptions required on the same day as they are requested are classed as Urgent and cost $23. These need to be requested by phone (not emailed or requested through this website) to guarantee that they will be ready for collection on the same day.
- If you require an urgent prescription to be faxed, these must also be requested by phone and the cost is $28.
- If a prescription is requested via the website or email, the prescription will not be available until the day after the following working day (i.e. prescriptions requested on a Saturday or Sunday will not be available until after 2pm the following Tuesday).
Please list the medication and dose required, as well as collection and payment arrangements. Prescriptions will be available to collect from our reception desk, unless clear instructions to fax to a pharmacy and payment is received. Payment for prescriptions can be made online to our account 03-1709-0005217-01, please use your full name and “script” as the referrence.