Have a Happy, Safe Holiday
For many the holiday period can be a fun filled array of travel, family time and festivities, but for others it can be stressful, overwhelming and lonely.
In an effort to keep those around you happy and safe:
- Be kind to your neighbours and look out for people who could be sad – a little homemade card can make someone feel they have not been forgotten
- Eat healthily – fresh berries and BBQ veggies are cheap and delicious
- Drink as much water as you do alcohol, it’s easy to drink too much – unfortunately mistakes & injuries are common after a few too many
- Be creative with presents, gorgeous things do not have to be expensive – it’s the thought that counts
- Take a walk or have a swim at our beautiful beach
- Watch the children around you when playing in or near water – it only takes a second for a little one to get into trouble
- Offer sunscreen to others and be a good example by covering up in the sun – Slip, Slop, Slap!
- Try not to get stressed and angry, family violence is common around Christmas time – get help before it gets out of hand
- Make sure you have enough medication to get you through the holiday period