Thank you for your patience and understanding as our services have changed. Now we have reached COVID Level 1 we are happy to announce our services are almost back to normal.
The exception is if you have a FEVER, COUGH, COLD OR SORE THROAT.
If you have any of these symptoms, please phone for an appointment (do not book via MMH). You will need to be triaged by the Practice Nurse.
If you arrive at the practice and have any of the following symptoms, we ask that you call reception 035485154 to advise you are here. if you cannot make a phone call, please signal for attention from outside by waving or knocking on the window.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Post-nasal drip
- Head cold
- Loss of sense or smell
Please continue to use the hand sanitiser available.
The team at the Tahunanui Medical Centre
Latest News11th January, 2021
Tahunanui Medical Centre is not currently accepting new patients. We hope to be able to re-open our books again in the near future.
11th December, 2020
For many the holiday period can be a fun filled array of travel, family time and festivities, but for others it can be stressful, overwhelming and lonely.
In an effort to keep those around you happy and safe:
- Be kind to your neighbours and look out for people who could be sad – a little homemade card can make someone feel they have not been forgotten
- Eat healthily – fresh berries and BBQ veggies are cheap and delicious
- Drink as much water as you do alcohol, it’s easy to drink too much – unfortunately mistakes & injuries are common after a few too many
- Be creative with presents, gorgeous things do not have to be expensive – it’s the thought that counts
- Take a walk or have a swim at our beautiful beach
- Watch the children around you when playing in or near water – it only takes a second for a little one to get into trouble
- Offer sunscreen to others and be a good example by covering up in the sun – Slip, Slop, Slap!
- Try not to get stressed and angry, family violence is common around Christmas time – get help before it gets out of hand
- Make sure you have enough medication to get you through the holiday period